Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sending data through 240VAC powerline...help me plzzz...

Status
Not open for further replies.

texas5

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I try to send data through power line.my reference is application note from microchip.com(AN236).with a little modification(not using LCD), i just want to send data from the VB to make the LED on the receiver side turn ON(high).my basic concept is shown in figure below.please somebody help me...

[/url]

What type of help do you need? You quoted an app note, did you built it and it does not work? If so, what are the symptoms?
The X-10 protocol is based on house and device codes. For the data transmission to work, both the send and receive devices must be on the same house and device code.
After building the system, the easiest way to troubleshoot is to use existing X-10 devices, like the lamp module and the transmitter module. These are available at usually $10 to $20 each. Attach a lamp module to the power line at the same house and device code. If your transmitter can control the lamp module, but your LED cannot be controlled, then the problem is in your receive circuitry. If the lamp module or the LED works, then use the dedicated X-10 transmitter to verify that your receive circuit works the LED and troubleshoot your transmitter circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back