Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sending data from PC to a robot to control it

Status
Not open for further replies.

james bond007

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello friends,,,
i m trying to build a robot which will be controlled through a PC. but i do not know much about the computer system. so can anyone help me with this----
"how can i send a desired data (determined by me) to the PC's USB/parallel port/serial port.?? i m using matlab for image processing,,,can anyone provide me with some matlab tutorial. moreover i want to send this data from PC to a microcontroller."
if someone has already worked on a similar project,,,his suggestions are welcome.
if someone can provide with some links or circuit diagrams i wud b thankful to him...

can anyone help

either develop your own board, or buy some kits.

Re: can anyone help

that wa a gud suggestion funnynypd but i was looking for some ways to design my own board.....:D

can anyone help

There is 2 way to send the data to the PC, through wire or wireless. If u wish to configure the robot then wire type will be suitable for you, but if u plan to do the real time monitor then wireless will be more useful. For wireless u can consider bluetooth or RF. I believe there is a lot of the tutorial or guide on how to transfer data from outside to pc.

Re: can anyone help

that's true last step but i was looking for ur help in telling me some specific links that u have already done before,,,,i mean some personal experience wud b better coz i do not have much time to filter out the best site from a bunch,,,if u cud plz help me wid that,,,
thankyou

can anyone help

Bluetooth and Wifi are so hot these days. They get rid of wires on everything.

MATLAB it self can open and control serial port.
Also it support C programming for your own hardware.

MATLAB is a good bet. But too expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back