Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Send/Receive SMS with PIC16F877

Status
Not open for further replies.

paramesium

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,

is there any way to send /receive a SMS by using PIC without using GSM modem?
i heard it is possible to use GSM phone to act as a modem, but do we need to dismantle the phone? or is there any tutorial on this?

I googled and i realise bluetooth can be done to control the SMS, but how is it work actually?
please help!

thank you very very much! :grin:

each mobile phones are gsm modems. If you need to communicate with gsm, modem should be an essenciel need.
If you need to communicate with phone,you require nokia popup port compatible phones. Just sent AT commands serialy @9600,8bit

hi thanks for your information. however I'm not sure about the fbus and mbus. i was think we have to write the code to enable the PIC to send the AT command to the phone through the seriels port, the the phone will send msg to other people. am I right? so I using Fbus or mbus. tks

Status
Not open for further replies.