Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Send large data from PC to uC via serial port

Status
Not open for further replies.

susmimu

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,
I want to send about 100KB data from my PC to a device via serial port at 9600 baud rate. I want to use ATMEGE16 / ATMEGE32. I also want to use an EEPROM of 128KB. As the memory of ATMEGE16 / ATMEGE32 is not enough to save 100KB, so When I receive data, I want to save it to the EEPROM. Please somebody help me.
Regards
Hasan

Dear all,
I want to send about 100KB data from my PC to a device via serial port at 9600 baud rate. I want to use ATMEGE16 / ATMEGE32. I also want to use an EEPROM of 128KB. As the memory of ATMEGE16 / ATMEGE32 is not enough to save 100KB, so When I receive data, I want to save it to the EEPROM. Please somebody help me.
Regards
Hasan

Hi,

Perhaps try the Arduino as a starting point, there are many lo cost ready made boards like the UNO and a wealth of software libraries.
https://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/SPIEEPROM
https://playground.arduino.cc/Code/I2CEEPROM

Arduino has EEPROM and USART (serial) libraries inbuilt !! visit the arduino page for more details.

Dear Jayanth
I am using mikroC PRO for AVR as compiler.

- - - Updated - - -

Dear wp100
I am not interested to use arduino
Thanks

mikroC PRO AVR has built in libraries for EEPROM and USART. Do you want to use external eeprom. If yes, you can use I2C or SPI Serial eeproms.
Search for i2c eeprom code at libstock at mikroe website. Have you written the USART communication application on the PC side using vb.net, vc#, or vc++ or are you using HyperTerminal to send and receive data?

Status
Not open for further replies.