Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Semiconductor study on test and failure modes

Status
Not open for further replies.

studentlearning12

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

Can anyone help to explain the following term,

What is HTGB, HTRB, TC, Presure Pot, HAST, DPA, Soliderability, Bond Integrity & Parametric Drift Analysis?
What is the use for this test and why do we need to test out?

For Failure Modes, Can anyone help to explain the following failure mode to me and the defination,
IGSS, IDSX, UIS, Rg, VTH, gds short, RDSP & BVDSX.

Thanks

There are the two I recognize.

HAST = Highly-Accelerated Stress Test
Testing on a part is done with high levels of stress applied in terms of voltages, currents, powers, temperature, shock, vibration, etc. This is done to decrease the lifetime of the part by applying stresses that are above nominal in order to see the effects of the over-stress condition(s) applied.

Solderability
Testing performed on a metal structure to determine how well it "wets" when being soldered to another piece of metal. This is done to ensure a good solder joint is formed and that cold solder joints are not a risk (or can be mitigated by using a particular process, solder chemistry or soldering process additive/flux)

Hello Enjunear,

As check with Siliconfareast.com, It stated for HAST test; it is to check the corrosion resistance of new product. May you enlighten me futher.

http://www.siliconfareast.com/HAST.htm

Thanks

True for the industry standard definition for microelectronic devices. By increasing the humidity and temperature, you effectively multiply the exposure time seen by the device, compared to operating it at normal temp/humidity. Electrical stresses are also applied to the devices, to see the impact of moisture on the surface of the device (does it short out, etc).

The equations for the acceleration rates can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highly_accelerated_stress_test

One of our customers has a requirement to do high environmental stress tests, which they call "HAST" (though it's not the same thing). The unit under test is exposed to high power dissipation, temperature extremes, shock and and vibration, thermal shock and concussive blasts (sometimes several of those effects at the same time... i.e. "shake and bake" = vibration and thermal stressing at the same time).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back