Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Self balancing robot: controller question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdh_1984

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I am planning to build a two wheeled balancing robot, and have some questions about the design of the robots controller.
To obtain the mathematical modeling of the system, I used the following thesis.
(rose.arnaud.me/_media/2003-balance-ooi.pdf)
The mathematical model, a pole placement controller and step reference is implemented in Simulink/Matlab (the gain is calculated with place command). A simulation with a step is done, in the simulation it is only the position which is following the reference, the angular position is staying at zero(see attachment yellow = position, purple = angular position, and blue is reference).
Why is this happening, the model is containing four state variables, but only the position state variable is following the reference. Could the reason for angular position is following zero be the linearization about the horizontal axis?

Attachments

• reguleringssystem og respons.pdf
    66.6 KB · Views: 95

in university,we have a project
mercury in small medicinal capsule size pot and carbon line printing in walls
and tiny avr for see the adc balance its easy and we got it yaahoooooooooo
ur try is complicated one:p:p
try some fast mcu
avr will help u sure :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search