Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Selection of proper wire for Ferrite core

Status
Not open for further replies.

xyz9915

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ferrite core selection software

Please help me that how do I determine proper wire size in SMPS for building a ferrite core transformer.

There are many tables on the net with wire diameters vs current. To determin size, you have to know the frequency and current.

The classic old book "Soft Ferrites - Properties and Applications" by E. C. Snelling gives a lot of equations and theory about inductor and transformer winding design, in particular the very important proximity effect. I'm not sure if your newbie status will let you see this forum:

That book takes some effort to use. Newer books may exist with easier-to-use design guides. Or perhaps software such as Intusoft's "Magnetics Designer". Anyone have suggestions?

Also Epcos Ferrite designs tool may be useful

Thanks for reminding Snellings book!

echo47 said:
The classic old book "Soft Ferrites - Properties and Applications" by E. C. Snelling gives ...
Hi. Do you know where I can download this book ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back