Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Selecting microcontroller and development tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

veerubiji

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am planning to use SM470R1B1M-HT microcontroller in my new design for high temperature applications. I tried with Code Composer Studio by installing free version, I couldn't find this micro controller in the device selection option. This device have any other names? I would like to program in C. Which is the best IDE for compiling and debugging e.t.c. i mean which development tool is better for this controller? Can anyone provide me some Documents related to this micro controller? if I have done any mistakes or this is not right question to ask here then please excuse me.

Thanks in advance.

CCS V4 supports the SM470R1B1M-HT with some manual set up. I wonder if you downloaded a version that is restricted to specific devices. This is often the case with the free CCS versions.
IAR has excellent support for the SM470R1B1M-HT, I do not know if they have a free version.

Hi ,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I haven't ordered micro-controller yet , I am planning to use this device in my new design for high temperature application( 190 °C). I want to know which Development tool is better to use when it comes to programming. I have tried by installing code composer free version to get some knowledge on it but i didn't found it. I will go for IAR as per your suggestion. You have any information regarding this controller please share with me.
Thanks,

Regards,

Rami.

We have not used this specific processor. We just finished a major video related project using CCS V4. CCS is a powerful tool set and has a lot of nice features with a relatively short learning curve. It is Eclipse based.

The Ti E2E board is also very active and helpful. Here is a thread you should look at:
https://e2e.ti.com/support/applications/high_reliability/f/30/t/191001.aspx

We had issues with the Ti device we chose which would have been avoided if we had completely read its errata sheet first.

Status
Not open for further replies.