Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Selecting EEPROM from the available pool ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raady Here

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I need to write a program for RTC, and my instructor gave me first to study about EEprom and RTC.

on referring Microchip site I see many sets of EEPROM available

**broken link removed**

but how does I choose which EEPROM is right for my application ?

I am working with PIC30F5011 processor, and need to implement RTC using I2C protocol.

I have EEprom 24LC256 & RTC ds1307 on board however, but how only these two are considered from the available pool?

Regards,
Raady.

The other choices you have linked to would be either a different interface e.g. SPI instead of I2C and different sizes - the one you have is 256k bit. So, you could use a different interface, but if you are using I2C for the RTC you may as well use that for the EEPROM. You could use a larger or smaller EEPROM depending on how much storage you need.

Keith

Hi,

I need to write a program for RTC, and my instructor gave me first to study about EEprom and RTC.

on referring Microchip site I see many sets of EEPROM available

**broken link removed**

but how does I choose which EEPROM is right for my application ?

I am working with PIC30F5011 processor, and need to implement RTC using I2C protocol.

I have EEprom 24LC256 & RTC ds1307 on board however, but how only these two are considered from the available pool?

Regards,
Raady.

What is relation between EEPROM and RTC ?

Best regards,
Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back