Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Seeking Expanations of Cell Characterization Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

anirbanphys

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
For cell characterization, what is the meaning of the followings....
1. Interpolation and extrapolation?
2. What is cell PADDING?
3. What is the basic reason for doing Statistical Characterization?

Hi,

i don´t know what cell padding is. But i´m very sure google tells me within seconds.

Klaus

Well, I tried to get this answers from Google before asking here :), but did not get the proper definition anywhere. So it would be so appreciated if you please share your views.
This is all related with I/O, Memory Characterization.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks a lot, for guiding me in the right direction. Well for 28 nm technology I am using SIliconSmart characterization tool. I am new in this domain and getting all this stuff from the manual and so really need help from you folks. Thanks :)

Interpolation and Extrapolation is to calculate/estimate the data points with in range and out of range for the observations made respectively.
I dont know how this is related to Cell charaterization here , but by extrapolation only scientists calculate the distance of stars and others where normally we cannot reach.
these 2 come under statical characterization only, data assumptions you calculate might not be exact in extrapolation as 100% but to approximation it will be true.

though interpolation is with in range , the more interpolate you do the more signal noise and makes system work to heavy load, this may / may not be 100% true but to a considerable error becomes true. refer for video processing techniques(interpolation) and signal analysis with GPS(extrapolation) to understand easily why they use.

- - - Updated - - -

if I guess if your referring to some mobile network, may be this be related how much distance the signal can travel and at what distance repeaters should be placed, analysis of strength of the signal in NON - Line of Sight and so on.

Interpolation and Extrapolation is to calculate/estimate the data points with in range and out of range for the observations made respectively.
I dont know how this is related to Cell charaterization here , but by extrapolation only scientists calculate the distance of stars and others where normally we cannot reach.
these 2 come under statical characterization only, data assumptions you calculate might not be exact in extrapolation as 100% but to approximation it will be true.

though interpolation is with in range , the more interpolate you do the more signal noise and makes system work to heavy load, this may / may not be 100% true but to a considerable error becomes true. refer for video processing techniques(interpolation) and signal analysis with GPS(extrapolation) to understand easily why they use.

- - - Updated - - -

if I guess if your referring to some mobile network, may be this be related how much distance the signal can travel and at what distance repeaters should be placed, analysis of strength of the signal in NON - Line of Sight and so on.

Thank you for the detailed explanation.
I was going through some other links which was posted here before. In my understanding, in characterization it is described in this manner.
Suppose you have set of data range, now you need some other data after the maximum range. So the tool has some algo by which it can calculate the set of desired data and with curve fitting the tool calculates it. Basically in cell characterization if the we have bigger driver in output node then we need this techniques. And the noise and power margins which you mentioned that is also taken care here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back