Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

seeking advice on VLSI chip designing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anand deepa

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I am very interested in VLSI chip designing.currently am studying final b.tech in ECE stream. I don't know where to start , what to study to become chip designer.Onlything I have is passionattion towards that. So can any one suggest me that could help me a lot.

Thank you.

Start by reading the following two books: Digital Integrated Circuits by Jan Rabaey and CMOS VLSI Design: A Circuits and Systems Perspective by Neil Weste and David Harris. Both are excellent textbooks, but I am not sure if they are good for self-study so I would also suggest trying to attend free online lectures from MIT/Stanford/Berkeley on these topics. You should also find stuff on Coursera, Youtube. Doing a Masters degree on VLSI Design is also an option.

Let me know if you need more pointers.

I've used in graduation 2 books very nice, by authors "Douglas a Pucknell / Kamran Eshraghian" to which I´m now unable to remember the title, but are quite instructive, containing lots of drawings.

Nowadays my strategy to avoid disappointment prior to purchase some book, I have a look on the sample pages, in general available on websites such as Amazon, to see if at least the publication style and the depth addressed meets to my expectations.

You will know in due time what you have study and do! I will not bore you with book names, website links, etc.
At a very high level, I will recommend to get a Masters degree from a GOOD institution.

Hi deepa,

Are you intrested in coding or looking for non coding jobs ? (any way basics of any scripting language is necessary).I think you can start with weste basic for any vlsi design engineer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back