Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Seeing errors , when i am reading the RTL files in DC Compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

sivag_456

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ,

I am seeing the following error , when i am reading the RTL file in DC compiler

Error :tec_sqm_dealloc_fifo_top.v:789: The macro 'TIC_DEALLOC_FIFO_SIZE' has not been defined

How to resolve the above error ?

Can any one , Please help me out .

Thanks && Regards
Siva Reddy.G

I think the tool cannot find "TIC_DEALLOC_FIFO_SIZE" macro which is instantiate in your HDL code probably due to the wrong link_library setting in the Design Compiler.

Thank.

Do i need to reload the libraries again ?

Your have to check your setting in the "set link_library", make sure it is pointing correctly (directory name as well as macro name) to the macro you have instantiate in your HDL code. Then run again DC.

Thanks.

Check you RTL files: is there string like "define TIC_DEALLOC_FIFO_SIZE ..."? If no such string: there two possible solutions.
1) speak with RTL writer: maybe you have forgot to read some RTL files, where this macro is defined.
2) you can define this macro in the DC by command like (of course, if you know the right value of this macro.
Code:
analyze -define "TIC_DEALLOC_FIFO_SIZE ..." rtl.files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back