Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

searching for suitable pIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

iza_98

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, i just joined this group and really hope you guys can share info with me..currently i'm working on a proj that need me to use ethernet and data logger. basically i need to use PIC18 series..however, i found it is quite difficult since i need to cater data logger issue which i need to send and save some data from sensors, that later need to be sent to an application via ethernet. Currently i'm using PIC18f4620..
in short the development should include the following:
1) Ethernet connection
2) RS 485
3) EEPROM to save data
4) RTC
5) sensor interface

can anyone suggest better solution/IC?
thanks in advance..

You could think about using RF Modules to send the data no need for wires then. The way I would complete it is have a master unit which will record in the imcoming data with date and time stamp. or use RS232 which should make things easier. There are plaenty more ways of doinf it you just need to give it a bit more thought then write some code getting it half working then if your stuck then may be come back :-D

The amount of first time posters lately all come here saying I'm working on a project, But amazingly all they have is the idea and that's it.
My advise to get better respones is explain what your doing what you have got so far with drawing, may be picutres and bit of your code and explain where things are going wrong then may be people will offer more help and I bet once the project has finished there gone and not seen again. :)8O

My 2 cents worth :);-)

Just explain your requirements about the project & we'll try to help you to sort it up........... :)
Regards,
Jerin. :)

thanx for the feedback :)
well, i haven't started the coding yet..need to finalize the hardware requirement first.then proceed with the circuit design

wizpic - i'm thinking of using the "master" pcb idea..previously we use Rabbit 2000 as master and PIC16F877 as slave units. the good thing about Rabbit, it has its internal RTC..so not much headache to save RT data.. but now, i'm stuck when my bos wants me to use only PIC :((..so i need to get more info which PIC is suitable to be used as master.

jerin - the system needs to capture data from sensors that attaches to slave pcb. the slave pcb will communicate with master pcb via rs 485. then the master will send data thru tcp ip to another application. next, the slave need to respond to instruction sent by the application..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back