Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sealed maintaince free battery charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikhilele

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have SMF(sealed maintanc free battery) rating 12V 7Ah now I want to use this is my ckt in such a way that when there is no ac power then ckt will use battery power and when there is ac power battery will be charged
now my problem is
1> let me know the swtching ckt which i have made is efficient or not.
2> charging method better then this is required or this will do and not reduce the life of battery.
3> is this trickle charing method

hi
i think its an sufficient circuit if you want not to make any complication.

there are many problem with this ckt
1> battery charging will not be fast after discharging in case of multiple power failure.
so we should have two types of charging initially fast charge and after trickle charge.
2> during power failure if battery voltage reaches danger point it should be disconnected from ckt.

Simple circuits may not fulfil all your expectations, and 13.8V supply voltage is to low to fully and quickly charge 12V battery ..

In this publication - **broken link removed** , pages 7, 8, .. - you will find examples of over-discharge protection and charging circuits, but, to make them working, you may need to consider higher than 13.8 suplpy voltage ..

Regards,
IanP

nikhilele

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
i have changed ckt and posted in new thread cause i want to compare replies for both the ckt.
the title is
"is this battery backup with charging capability ok"

Status
Not open for further replies.