JohnG300c

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sdram jedec

Hi,

I have a need to implement a FIFO in a Cyclone II using storage in external SDRAM and i'm interested in taking a look at the JEDEC SDRAM standard. I have searched the JEDED.org site but have only found the DDR, DDR2, DDR3 standards.

I guess i can always carefully read the datasheet for a Micron SDRAM but i would prefer to have the standard too...

Thanks,
/John.

sdr sdram standard

Thanks. I have found the information I need in a number of books i have. I also have the Micron datasheets for the SDRAMs i will use. I just wanted to take a look in the spec to do more "complete" research on the subject.

I believe the spec i'm looking for is JESD 21C.

Thanks,
/John.

jedec sdram standard

never had needs to hunt for JEDEC spec for SDRAM, I did similar stuff what you describe with Cyclone II, MIcron data sheet that's all I've been using .

You might want to check PCB layout guidance, from MIcron, if haven't got board yet, more questions fill free to ask

jedec sdr

Thanks Iouri. I believe i have figure this out now. Not particularly complex, especially when the SDR SDRAM Controller from Altera/NWLogic does all the hard work. I will check out the layout guidelines although i will not run the SDRAM at higher speeds than 133 MHz.

/John.

Status
Not open for further replies.