Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SD-RAM signal connection to ZYNQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

engr_joni_ee

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am using SD-RAM (MT41K256M16) with ZYNQ 7030 in a test board PCB layout. I have question regarding the following signals at the SD-RAM side. How should they be connected to the ZYNQ and which pins in PS BANK 502 in ZYNQ ?
  • LDM and UDM
  • LDQS, LDQS #
  • UDQS, UDQS #

Hi, Now I have found signal connections but I am wondering about some signals (RAS#, CAS#, WE#). What are these signals for ?

Hi, Now I have found signal connections but I am wondering about some signals (RAS#, CAS#, WE#). What are these signals for ?
RAS# row address strobe
CAS# column address strobe
WE# write enable

These three bits are used as commands for the various operations that are performed by the SDRAM. The order in which the signals toggle can determine what mode the SDRAM is in. You need to read a DDR3 SDRAM datasheet to understand how the signals control the transfers. It's a bit too much to copy to the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.