Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SD card write destroys card

Status
Not open for further replies.

aslm

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Have a small question about SD cards, if anyone has worked with those...

I have written code to read write the card and a small FAT system is implemented.

I have no problem reading the cards and I can in almost all cases write to them as well. But in some rare ocations when I remove the card during a write the whole SD dies (users might do this so it must work).

The card reports as unformated when I try to read it on a windows PC and the most strange thing is that I cannot format it either. I have eaven tried to write to it byte by byte in my aplicaiton without succeding.

I would understand if the FAT or something gets messed up, but now I cant eaven accec the card. Any ideas about what I do wrong? The same has hapend to 3 SD cards in total until now.

All the communication is done in SPI mode so there is no "secure" part involved.

re Me

Status
Not open for further replies.