Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

scrolling dot matrix message display

Status
Not open for further replies.

saidutt

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi friends,

I am working on moving message dot matrix display of 8x8 matrix.i am trying to 9 characters display unit.

i am using shift registers (74hc595),micro-controller(8051) and a ULN 2803.i am taking ten character dynamically at run time from serial port.

I am taking a scrolling limit from 80 to -80. so that all the first character must start from 80 column and reducing the limit by 1.
i have encountered problems while scrolling

1) for example i am taking ten characters of "saiduttttt" this string has to scroll.
while scrolling few of the unwanted led's are turned on and the strings are getting repeated.it seems like the data is been clubbed when the four character is been displayed .i don't know why this is happening.i tried all possible ways.

2)leds are still glowing without giving power supply to the ULN 2803 to pin-10 as 12v and pin-9 as ground. please let me why this is happening.

please help me out with these issues

thank you

visit this web **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.