Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

scripting language and layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashfiisrar

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can any1 please explain in detail what are the prospects of scripting language....will it do any gud if 1 learn PERL being a layout engineer.

It will, especially if you don't already know a similar language. This is because I can't think of any job where text-file parsing and generation doesn't come handy in several occasions.

In particular in case you use Magic-vlsi-layout editor, it helps, since magic-files are text files.

if you ever start working with any place/route tools they use TCL scripting. And most of the tools do also. So yes learn... Perl is nice in a way that it runs everywhere - that said it is also one of the most confusing languages I know....

if you ever start working with any place/route tools they use TCL scripting. And most of the tools do also. So yes learn... Perl is nice in a way that it runs everywhere - that said it is also one of the most confusing languages I know....

Not very confusing , but comes in very handy. If you know PERL, Tcl should come in pretty easily. Also i would suggest that being a layout engineer, If you are using cadence tools learn Skill first and then focus on PERL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back