Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Scripting-Allegro-adding lines,shapes etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

manjeet_hp

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
allegro shapes

Hi,

I am wondering that whether it is possible in Allegro to use scripts to add lines,text,shapes etc.
Hey.....guys respond specially .... who are never satisfied with functionalities supplied in tool and want to always tweak/create scripts to do work in there own way.

Thanx

skill_utilities.htm

Yes there are.

You can create your scripts. You can use existing scripts written in Skill language.
If you know how to write Skill then possibilities are huge.
Some skill utilities are available commercially also.

Regards,

M

using shapes in allegro

It will be helpfull to me to understand power of skill....if somebody have written something of there own......please share with me.

majnoon..........can you give some links for commercially availabel skill programs

Manjeeth,

Here are few links for skill programs.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

This people are selling skill programs

http://www.coppercad.com/SKILL.html

Previous reply has an older link from Cadence here is updated link

http://www.cdnusers.org/

Also you can get skill scripts from Cadence Sourcelink provided you have paid for support.

There is a good skill news group on Yahoo Groups called Skill School look it up is very informative.
Good Luck,

M

Hi ,
Thanks for the links and suggestions.
I saw few programs from these sites......seems interesting...a lot of things can be customized as per our needs.

Now i have few more queries...........for ppl who are actually writing there programs......
From documents etc what i could understand is that we need to have a .il(sequence of skill functions) file which is to be copied to Pcbenv directory and for loading this we need to add line load( "abc.il ") in Allegro.ilinit file.
Than start pcb editor type skill to get to skill prompt and type abc to execute abc.il file.

Now my problem is that when i am typing skill at command prompt in pcb design editor it is giving msg command not found.
Also it will be helpfull if somebody can give me correct locations of pcbenv directory and allegro.ilinit.

I know what i have written may be bit confusing but you have to excuse me for that as i am newbie enthusiast in skill as well as Allegro.Yeah i do have some 5 yrs exp of hob nobbing in PCB design.

Thanx in advance for helping ppl around here.

Now my problem is that when i am typing skill at command prompt in pcb design editor it is giving msg command not found.
Also it will be helpfull if somebody can give me correct locations of pcbenv directory and allegro.ilinit.

In Allegro command line type name of skill that runs it you can get this name by opening skill file and see what is the proper command.

Alternatively you can load skill file from inside Allegro by typing
(load("xxxxxxx.il"))
Then type command that invokes skill utility.

pcbenv directory is in PSD_DATA\pcbenv.

Regards,

M

Instead of using PCB ENV file, you can use this way also.

In command prompt: type as below

skill<enter>
load "location of file with file name(with exten)" <eneter>

Make sure u using back slash not normal as windows.

for ex: load "D:\xyz\abc.il" <enter>

Hi
Thanks for the help and suggestions coming.
I have a silly(i think so) query.......i installed skill development environment 900....but still when i am typing skill at my command prompt....i am getting msg...that command not found.i am using ver 15.7

what i guess is my skill environment is not getting up????
:|

What could be the possible reason.

Thanx

Added after 1 hours 47 minutes:

Hi everyone,

Thanks folks.....mine problem has solved....actually i was using lower tier package....selected correct licensing package and now my skill prompt is coming.

Thanks to all....i will be coming back with queries and sample files.

Regards

Thanks for the information above. I am looking for Skill also.

Hi all,

I am progressing fast.I have created forms,able to extract data from forms and put lines/shapes accordingly....all these type of work..
Now i have issue/idea......Can i take the mouse click/mouse present position co-ordinates and put in two user defined variables datatype can be integer or floating...... say x co-ord in M_ClkX and y co-ord in M_ClkY.
Is this possible in Skill and if somebody have done this can he/she tell me which function he/she used with what arguments.

Anybody having some interesting idea ,please free to write here.I really got very good help to head start in Skill.

Waiting for response on my query.

Thanks folks

How about try this:

;Variable initialization.

x_loc=nil

y_loc=nil

mir=nil

rot=0

position=axlEnterPoint()

x_loc=car(position)

y_loc=cadr(position)

Better you can make it interactive perhaps?

You might have better chance asking your questions here:

**broken link removed**

Good Luck,

M

manjeet_hp

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
majnoon----->Thanks man

I incorporated this in my program.

Manjeet

Hi,

Anyone having this manual
"PSD SKILL
Version 13.6
Training Manual December 15, 2000
"
version and year does'nt matter .....i just wana give a look.

Regards
M

Hi,
Is this possible to get data inputed in one form on the basis of this information open a new form(before opening new form close first one)take some inputs and do the functions defined on the basis of data collected in 1st and 2nd form.
I want to include this activity in one script only.
Any suggestions,reference to functions,examples are welcome.

Regards
M

(let (
Form
Command
)

Form=nil
Command=nil

Form=axlFormCreate( (gensym) "Form.form" '(e outer) 'Form_Action t)

Hi,
I have written a skill file which runs in some 5000 lines and some 20 forms as per the options selected by the user during its execution.
In order to put minimum load on memory during its execution and code flow easy to understand .I want to distributea my functionality in 5 different skill files.So that through a common skill program i can call any of the 5 skill main program and execute it as per user requirement.In this way only one out of 5 skill program will be running at one time hence will be easy on memory.
Now my question --> Is it possible to call/load/execute a skill(abc.il) file through another(xyz.il) skill file.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Regards
Manjeet

I got solution for above prob....from someone in this forum only......
i am giving that here for others help

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Use the load command.
eg.

X.il:
defun( X ()
load("Y.il")
yfn()
)

Y.il:
defun( Y ()
println("Hello world")
)

Running X will return "Hello world"

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Thanks for timely help....and sorry for updating late...was bit busy with my skill

Added after 3 minutes:

Hi,

we have axlDBAddProp but it will add user defined property ......how to add Ref des (e.g U? or R?) in the opened .dra file.

Thanks in advance.

manjeet_hp said:
we have axlDBAddProp but it will add user defined property ......how to add Ref des (e.g U? or R?) in the opened .dra file.
Thanks in advance.

1. /*copy and paste this code to any skill file, like aaa.il,
    then run under command line like this:
    copy and paste this code to any skill file, like aaa.il,
    then run under command line like this:
    skill load "aaa.il <enter>
    */
    posS=0:0 ;position for your Ref-des/Value....
    TorS=make_axlTextOrientation(?textBlock "2", ?justify "center")
    Ts='(("ref" "REF DES/SILKSCREEN_TOP")
    ("val" "COMPONENT VALUE/SILKSCREEN_TOP")) /* you may add as much as you want */
    foreach(aT Ts axlDBCreateText(car(aT) posS TorS cadr(aT)))
    ; I love this coloered skill editor. it save me a lot of time for debugging.:)

manjeet_hp

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks for the prompt reply.....

I have a form having grid,tree view,and few butons all on same form.
In grid i have 7 columns.
6th column is a popup entry.....i have defined popup list in form file itself.....But now after running skill file and loading the form i need to change the popup list as per selections choosen by user for this particular column(i have used axlFormGridEvents to set cellselect and change).

I checked axlFormBuildPopup but that is applicable for the form field popup,whereas i am trying to change popup for column of specific row in the grid area.

Please help me out .Any idea is also welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back