Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"Scientific publication" schematic drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nurahmad

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can I draw good quality schematic for scientific publishing. Such as this
123.png

You can use vector graphics programs like inkscape, diagrams programs like xfig, dia, or EDA programs like kicad, gEDA, etc.
You need ask uncle google about some program and check it.

That link didn't work for me. Maybe this one will work:

**broken link removed**

John

Re: "Scientific publication" schematic drawing

Well, thank you jpanhalt and an_82. The digikey is good, but cannot change the background from box diagram to white....in that case, cannot put it in papers to publish...or can you change background?

- - - Updated - - -

I found XCircuit is very useful for publishing papers.

http://opencircuitdesign.com/xcircuit/index.html

Re: "Scientific publication" schematic drawing

Well, thank you jpanhalt and an_82. The digikey is good, but cannot change the background from box diagram to white....in that case, cannot put it in papers to publish...or can you change background?

- - - Updated - - -

I found XCircuit is very useful for publishing papers.

http://opencircuitdesign.com/xcircuit/index.html

Concerning Scheme-it, when I export the drawing as a png image, the background appears to be white. At least Microsoft Paint thinks so.

I found one way to add a colored background in Scheme-it. Put a rectangle on the drawing and change the fill color with the fill command on the Object menu. Stretch the rectangle to be the entire sheet size. use the Level controls to put the rectangle at the lowest level and bring all other objects before the rectangle. You may have to repeatedly hit the Lower and Raise controls to get everything to show.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.