Schematic issue in SPDT Switch on ADS using PIN Diodes w/o waveguides

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Small background on myself:
Telecom Engineer with recent interest in microwave and RF circuit design. I am completely new to ADS.

I was fascinated to see how PIN Diodes can be used as a switch in RF circuits. I decided to design and simulate one on ADS. The PIN Diode arrangement is in a hybrid combination. Very high isolation and fast switching speed are my goals. I chose Microsemi's MPP4203 (https://www.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/pdf/76506/MICROSEMI/MPP4203.html). 1GHz is the operating frequency. Upto 8GHz.

I have shared a screenshot of the design that I have come up with. But I am not getting the desired output. I tried multiple different values of L and C ranging from (pico to milli).

My issues:
1. I am not sure if I have used the correct PIN diode part in ADS.
2. Have I correctly typed the values from the datasheet to the PIN Diode part in ADS?
3. On simulation, how can I see the result of a positive bias and negative bias cycle in the graph window together?

I will really appreciate if the community can help me fix my issues and possibly give me concrete suggestions on how to get this circuit to work.

Attachments

• Screenshot (24).png
    72.2 KB · Views: 353

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…