Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Schematic for power saving circuit with 8051 and triac

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunish

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hai all
i am trying to make a simple poer saving circuit
using 89c51 and triac
do anybody have any idea or schematic?

thanks in adv

sunish

8051 and triac

Use MOC3042 to isolate 8051 and the triac. THis one has zero crossing cct to minimize swithing noise.

8051 and triac

use below link:
**broken link removed**

you can get its idea

Re: 8051 and triac

Hi Sunish,

some time ago I needed a power regulator circuit just like you described. By the time it evolved to the 3-channel light dimmer with IR control and automatic light intensity correction depending on the ambient light. All works fine for me, however, there is a difficulty, most people rise: the circuit is directly connected to the mains without any galvanic separation. If you decide to build something like this, beware of potential risk of electric shock and severe injury if you don't use insulated box for the device.

Fortunately I have no kids at home :), so a simple warning written on the cover is quite a sufficient measure against tinkers and irresponsible nerds.
So all responsibility is yours, not mine.

Regards, yego

Ps.
Of course, you can build a circuit with a power transformer, with MOCxxxx optocouplers, but it all costs money and complexity.
Basic circuit for a single phase light dimmer (power controller) is like this:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back