Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SCHEMATIC FOR MINI WIND TURBINE

Status
Not open for further replies.

sriorg

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
need to simulate a grid tie inverter for a mini wind turbine. The grid is 120V and i have to synchronize the voltage from the mini wind turbine generator and the voltage from the grid. They must be synchronized to 60Hz. Would you please tell me how to make a schematic of a grid tie inverter on LtSpice?

LTSpice is a popular (free) simulator. Do you have prior experience making circuits with LTSpice?

Do you have prior experience making (simulating) a power inverter?

The aim is to sense grid voltage going positive, so you switch your source to send a half-cycle sinewave at positive polarity, and sufficient amplitude to overcome grid voltage, lasting 1/120 sec.

Then do similarly for negative polarity.

You could use the windmill to drive a regular
induction motor above its synchronous speed
and get the line sync for free. Maybe need some
sort of contactor to enable the line connection
only when RPMs are sufficient to source to,
rather than sink power from the grid. If that is
a levied requirement in the homework.

If you want to do it with semiconductors that's
going to be a busy circuit with a lot of stuff you're
obviously unprepared to deal with.

LTSpice is a popular (free) simulator. Do you have prior experience making circuits with LTSpice?

Do you have prior experience making (simulating) a power inverter?

The aim is to sense grid voltage going positive, so you switch your source to send a half-cycle sinewave at positive polarity, and sufficient amplitude to overcome grid voltage, lasting 1/120 sec.

Then do similarly for negative polarity.
I dont have the experience making a power inverter.
Actually, I need the circuit diagram for the said query with LTSpice software.

Hi,

You need a more clear description on what the goal of the simulation is.

If you are interested in calculationg efficiency, or regulation stability of the inverter (for example) you may need the true schematic. I doubt any manufacturer will give you a fully detailed schematic that can be used for circuit simulation.
Without a lot of experience (and knowing the inverter details), I doubt a self made simulation will give useful results.

But I can imagine a lot of tasks where no schematic is needed.
A simple efficiency simulation may be done in excel. Maybe for this you just need to know the
Input_power to output_power relation of the inverter.

It all depends on the task and it's goal.
There is a goid chance that you spend a lot of time for inverter circuit simulation, while you miss the overall goal.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.