Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Schematic for IDE to USB interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

overflow

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

please can someone tell me where to find a good project (schematics and software) to build an IDE to USB interface to external connect my hard disk ?

Thanks in advance.......
Overflow91

ide to usb schematics

overflow91 said:
Hi all,
please can someone tell me where to find a good project (schematics and software) to build an IDE to USB interface to external connect my hard disk ?
Thanks in advance.......
Overflow91

Not actually a project but there is a new chip TUSB650 wich is a single chip sollution for USB 1.1 and 2.0.
Unfortunately there is currently no datasheet at TI but a Ref Desigin
is available
I have already ordered a sample but ditn't it get up to now.

Cheers usbman

schematic ide to usb

Hi

Thanks for post. Just to clear things out I post link to the info directly. It was this ship I hope.

hxxp://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/productfolder.jhtml?genericPartNumber=TUSB6250

tusb650

Yet another chip, this one from Philips, only needs a simple CPU for the enumeration process and then the IDE HD connects directly to the chip.

Schematics available at Philips product page, to get source u need to by the dev.kit I think
**broken link removed**

Also check the developers forum for specific USB questions at
http://www.usb.org/forums/developers/webboard.html

regards Me

ide to usb chip

Two solutions how to interface USB and MCU or 8-bit bus:

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

The first one, FTDI, have drivers ready to doenload.

regards
meax98

build ide to usb

or if you want to see how to interface above USB module to CompactFlash memory card (what is ATA compatibiel) this is it.

regards
meax98

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back