Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Schematic Entry Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlxsae

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mentor schematic entry

Can somebody advice me on schematic entry tools they use in their ASIC flow?
Thnx!
S.

eldo schematic entry

Mentor graphics.
also u have tools from cadence for allegro

free schematic entry

From Cadence you acan also use schematic Capture using Virtuoso Schematic Editor.

schematic entry tools

how about syn's dc?

popular schematic entry tools

u can use cadence virtuoso schematic editor

The question is kinda meaningless.
Yes you can get Cadence schematic composer or mentors schematic entry but also orcad or quite few other tools but those alone are not worth much incase you will not be able to run simulation or create layout. For ASIC flow you need those interactions or any tool on its own has no value though is the best in the universe.
I use Cadence Schematic composer with Spectre and Virtuoso layout + autorouters from third party comps. and viewers (again third party), and also Build Gates again from cadrence.

Or I use Mentors Design architect and IC station and Eldo and ADA .... becase the PDK is designed to work with those tools.

If you want to just draw schematic use ORCAD or some free tools.

There is another very good and free tool called ELECTRIC. The information regarding Electric is available at hxxp://www.staticfreesoft.com/

and the tool can be downloaded from
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/electric/electricBinary-8.01.jar

I an currently using it for layout and the latest version 8.01 is really cool. You can used WinSpice (also available for free) for simulating your entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back