Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Schematic and layout simulation in PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

garvind25

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I wanted to know of two things:

* Is post layout simulation done in PCBs (like as it is done for ICs)

** Is there any tool suite for doing both schematic and layout based simulations (preferably free tools).

Thank You.

Arvind Gupta.

Is there any tool suite for doing both schematic and layout based simulations (preferably free tools
Some EDA tools for SCH/PCB design has the Signal Integrity feature, but in general this takes into account just a simplified model of the board with the extracted parasitic characteristics. For a more detailed analysis, you should consider tools which are more like 3D field solvers, but do not perform the simulation integrated with the firmware itself. As far as I know, there are nice solutions provided by CAD software manufacturers, but not cheap.

OK... can you pls. name a few commercial tools for post layout simulations... both 3D solvers and ones doing simulations with extracted parasitics.

Thanks,
Arvind Gupta.

Zuken, Mentor and Cadence all have these tools available, as to free I doubt they would be much use, this is a case of you get what you pay for.
Used the Zuken tools a lot in the past to simulate mainly high speed interfaces to check the layout (DDR memory etc.)

Zuken, Mentor and Cadence all have these tools available, as to free I doubt they would be much use, this is a case of you get what you pay for.
Used the Zuken tools a lot in the past to simulate mainly high speed interfaces to check the layout (DDR memory etc.)

For Cadence Suite: didi you mean orcad suite? Pls. confirm

Thanks,
Arvind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back