Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Scanning 6 button keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

galina_simeonova

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I have to scan 6 button analog keyboard in Assembler for PIC 16f84a. Can somebody helps me because i have no idea how to make it ?

Can you be more specific about the *analog* nature of the keyboard please. Are you implying it produces a different voltage as each key is pressed? If that is the case, the 16F84A is not a good choice of micro because it does't have an ADC on-board. There are still ways to do it though but give more information first.

Brian.

I mean that keyboard produces different voltage by press each key and about the controller i can use 16F877, too. Have an idea about checking if the key is pressed but i don't know how to initialized banks, addresshigh, addresslow and how to use it. The other thing i don't know is how to read voltage by keys, how microcontroller recognize it ?

---------- Post added at 15:12 ---------- Previous post was at 15:11 ----------

Sorry, I'm new and my questions are stuped but that's my course project.

Status
Not open for further replies.