Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

scan chain scan_out sharing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooney

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
scan_out sharing with functional IO needs a mux before the output cell, there's also a boudary scan cell equipped for the output cell, should I put the mux before the boundary cell or after the boundary cell along the signal path from core to IO cell?

The mux should be before the boundary cell - according to spec, the boundary cells need to be just inside the pads...

John
DFT Digest

@dft_guy
Can you please tell, which spec are you talking about?

I think , you should place an mux before boundary-scan cell io.

Hi,

You have to place that mux before that boundary scan cells. since there should not be any logic cells except the pad after tha BS cells.it is according to the IEEE std 1149(which is ment for JTAG).

regards,
ramesh.s

IEEE 1149.1 spec. I'm almost sure it specifies something like that. I'll have to check. But regardless, it defeats the purpose to put boundary scan logic inside other functions.

John
DFT Digest

thanks

I got clear about it. edaboard is really a great place to learn from the experienced !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back