Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SC SHA simulation. Hspice accurate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogworld

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hspice accurate

Hi All,

I am simulating a two phase Switch-Cap sample and hold amplifier, and trying to compare the performance between using the ideal switches (G-element) and the real switches (transistors). When ideal switches are used, equivalent capacitance is also added to each node to model the junction capacitance of the real switches. Then I print out the node volatges of the output, and do fft in matlab. However, it turns out that the SNDR and SFDR of the output is better when using real switches. Did anyone experience this before?

In Hspice, if the convergence method=gear is used, the performance will be better with the ideal switches compare in two cases. But the noise floor has risen dramatically (10dB).

So I am wondering which result should I use or trust? Did anyone experience this situation before? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back