Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sawtooth Waveform generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerox100

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sawtooth waveform generator

Dear my friends,
I need a small sawtooth waveform generator for PWM, any body has idea?
Thabks,

perfect sawtooth waveform

Basically you use current sources to charge and discharge a capacitor. An oscillator can drive the selection of in and out current sources or you can use two comparators to switch when the capacitor reaches your desired voltage at each end of the swing.

If you do not want extreme linearity and the voltage swing is much less than your power supply levels, resistors to the two power supply rails will work.

If you want better performance use current sources made from discrete transistors or op amps.

pwm741

Or you could use the MAX038.

See **broken link removed**

and **broken link removed**

It all comes down to what level of complexity you want

sawtooth waveform

trying this link **broken link removed**

I believe this is what you're looking for:
**broken link removed**
Of cource you can by some IC's doing the job for ya, but why, when you can make a perfect triangle generator with two opamps (perfect as long you don't exceed the slew rate).

Easy cheap solution using the good old conventional 555 timer.
:)

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back