Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SAW Filter On chip - any information about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwcwecan

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
SAW Filter On chip

Hi!

In Order to cost down the prize, we can design on chip SAW Filter
Does Anyone have information about this?
THanks!

substrate

SAW filters are built on piezoelectric material. I would suspect that adding this to silicon wiould be more expensive than the current method of having the filter in its own package.

Re: substrate

flatulent said:
SAW filters are built on piezoelectric material. I would suspect that adding this to silicon wiould be more expensive than the current method of having the filter in its own package.

But adding saw filter with a tranceiver IC on a same substrate may be cheaper than expected.

Consider passive integration on a Si substarte and a flipped transceiver IC on this substrate :!:

TRX SAW
[------------] [------]
!--!-----------!---!----!------!
[_____________________]

something like that.. Considerable huh ?

GL

hybrid

I agree that the old hybrid technology which has now evolved into the multiple chip on a single carrier technology could have advantages. It would for one allow the whole system to be put into a single shielded package with improved EMI performance. Taking up silicon area to just mount the filter would be very expensive as the filters are many times larger than the silicon circuit.

The stacking method could further shrink the size.

As historic interest, the three dimensional IC was discussed in a sophmore level transistor textbook in 1957. We have yet to find economic ways to make them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back