Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SAW / BAW filters and switched-mode PAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTT

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

There is a subject that has been annoying me for a while. Switched-mode PA such as class D, E are structures that have theoretically 100% drain efficiency capability. However the output impedance is not matched to the load impedance which seems normal because of the loadline theory that predicts that optimum operation is reach with a particular load impedance value.

That may work fine with a broadband load, but I was wondering what would happen when connecting a SAW like filter that typically require impedance matching (usually 50 Ohms) ?

For example consider an open collector output driving a SAW filter by mean of a LC macthing network. Theoretically we may optimize the drain efficiency but however generate lots of reflection at the SAW connection due to the non matching !

Is my reasonning correct ?

CTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back