Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

saving simulation waveform in Cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

freewing

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In Cadence, I close the Analog Design Environment window and next time when I reopen it, I cannot see the simulation waveform again even the simulation data are still there. Is there any option to keep the simulation waveform? Thanks.

No. You have to run the simulation again. I know it's alittle tedious or hassle, but bear with it.

You can snapshot or screen capture your waveforms which everyone does, especially for reports or slides.

This really sucks. I do print the waveforms. But sometimes I might want to look the waveform again. I don't think it's technically difficult to achieve this in Cadence. Why don't they add this function?

After running ur simulation and plotting ur results, from the Analog Design Enviroment choose save state (with ur waveform window OPENED) and there are some check boxes which will let u save the current waveform.

If you save the state the you can open "Result Browser" to see the results.

this method is quite useful, and i think it will save our cherish time espercially for the time consuming transient simulation

run wavescan in the unix shell

outputs->save all
results->save
results->select
will help
or you add a new output in outputs->setup
input the name and function

normally,we use "result browser" to check the saved result

Choose menu "Results / Select ...", and selecting the result directory, then you can plot the waveform.

Have you used EZWave results browser?

may be you can take the screen snapshot using hardcopy option available in menu(waveform window)
make sure you have the .cdsplotinit file in your home directory

Use the Menu: [result--save...] in ADE. It should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back