Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Saving a 56 byte string in PIC16F74 though UART

Status
Not open for further replies.

melt777

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All.

I need to filter continuous strings of data originating from an electronic scale I chose Pic 16F74 and have finished the hardware. The data string I am working with looks like this

'002093 POLONY KING PEP/KASSLER 0169,99 0000,00 0,006 0,006'
' code' Description price/kg weight tare tare2

there is a start and stop character to the string. I need build a RS232 USART filter to stop the continuous transmission and only transmit the final string set once a measurement is reached.

my question

1. Is the Pic 16F74 fast enough to capture the received string , store it and compare it. Then once its determined this is the final weight transmit it only once. If it is not the final string of a particular weight transaction it can just be overwritten or ignored.

So far I can receive the single characters and re transmited them but have yet to come up with .ASM code to store them and work with them to be retransmitted in the correct sequence.

Am I wasting my time with this processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back