Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

save network analyzer figure into disk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

antenna_abc

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hp2xx windows

Hi, everyone. I have a simple quesiton about the HP network analyzer. How do I save the its screen display such as S11, smith chart into the disk? Thanks

hp 8753d save graphic

Usually HP network analyzers do have a Save/Recall button. Go to Save on Disk and put a name for your file, that you can Recall later.

hp8753 save/recall calibration.vi

depend on VNA
All can save spar
Only few newer may save the screen picture also.
The saved spar array size depend on calibration type (i.e. 4 spar only or full2port cal)
The saved spar format depend on how the trace is formatted on screen (i.e. Mag, Ang if you plot SmithChart)

linux gpib hpgl

sergio mariotti said:
depend on VNA
All can save spar
Only few newer may save the screen picture also.

This is a shameful is year 2k instrument not can give same near book print quality screen plot as instrument from 80 and 90:s.

modern NT and XP-based instrument can in best case give out screenshot in same resolution as instruments display and only in bitmap format.

Old instrument have internal 1000x1000 or float number position resolution independ of instruments screen resolution to make hpgl screen shot with temporal writing order and can resize in any size and/or ascpect without quality loss or zig-zag lines. Hpgl (and other vector format) can postprocess for change pen width, colours, hide grids etc. enhancement for good print quality and also concatenate many plots to one chart for ex. view spreading result depend of varying componets etc.

Is near impossible to make same thing on bitmap edit...

- What happend???, lazy and sheap windows programmers with not know anything about vector-graphics??? (same as windows culture with very badly support of vector graphics)

The saved spar array size depend on calibration type (i.e. 4 spar only or full2port cal)
The saved spar format depend on how the trace is formatted on screen (i.e. Mag, Ang if you plot SmithChart)

hp8753d network analyzer save data

Hi antenna_abc,

once you have your desired result on screen press:
Save/Recall -> Save file formats -> choose file type (Graphic/Text) -> Save file.

Make sure you have a formatted 3.25'' disk inside.

Good luck,
P.

cygwin network analyzer

Pushhead said:
Hi antenna_abc,

once you have your desired result on screen press:
Save/Recall -> Save file formats -> choose file type (Graphic/Text) -> Save file.

Make sure you have a formatted 3.25'' disk inside.

Good luck,
P.

If using older version of hp8753(A?), can only save in hpgl-format, not in (ugly) jpeg as above in more modern hp8753.

set plot output to disk, set plot format to hpgl (not PCL if supported) and using 'plot'-button to take screenshot and result file size is around 3-6 kb each shot - you can take 50 - 100 shot per floppy disk compare to only few shot if using above jpeg print screen.

Using hp2xx (in linux or cygwin enviroment), wingl or paint shop pro etc. for convert hpgl-files to bitmap or other graphic format in wanted size.

it's possible little struggling first time before you learning how using convert program etc. but in this way give always best possible screenshot in any wanted size in text book quality figures without stepping lines or coarse pixeling...

(you can also find hpgl import filter for MS-word if looking very, very, very deep on MS homepage - in old word as word95 give acceptable result but in word 2003 etc. give terrible result - using same import filters!!.... This is depend of later MS-word try replace old hpgl font to truetype font with wrong spacing and shape and not longer can handle differences between <cr><lf>, single <cr> or <lf> with terrible result on text in chart - you can use word to fast check of screen shot , but need hp2xx to make real text book quality screen shot)

Good luck

save gpib plots file

Hi
Please specify you VNA model , I using HP8753 and Intuilink sofware install on W2000 add it on MSword or Exel Tool bar. You can get data,Picture(jpeg)and customize data by your self.
HW.
GPIB card (Agilents only).
GPIB cable.
SW.
Agilents IO librarise.
Intuilink ( download from Agilents webside)

If using old version (HP8753C,HP8753....) this program not support. You should programming for talk to VNA by C++,Matlab,Basic .......)

Another way use adapter GPIB-Pararell port.

Regards.
Somkit :D

hp 8753, saving a jpeg file

Adding one sentence to xxargs's comment:
You can read and manipulate hpgl files (change size, making bitmap or JPG, etc) comfortably with CorelDraw too.

network analyzer save

hi all

is it possible to transfer input impedance measurement (in Z=R=jX format) of antenna from VNA to floppy disk ?

regards

intuilink download

try if you have "print to file" option in your menu !!

convert hpgl graph to float

hi there

well i can transfer S parameters from VNA to floppy disk

but i am asking how can i transfer the the real and imaginary part of measured input impedance of the device

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back