Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] SATA problem - win xp can't recognize dvd rom

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ahmadagha23

problem sata dvd writer ami bios

hi
when I go to BIOS page of my PC, it has an item "Internal SATA" in the "Integrated Page" . It is enabled but when I connect my DVD ROM to the SATA port of my MotherBoard, win xp can't recognize it. Would you please guide me?
regards

Re: SATA problem

dvd drives are having problem connecting to sata
mine is also same problem
so i just replaced it with a PATA (IDE) connector DVD writer

I can't change my DVD Drive but is there any connector for converting my sata cable to IDE?
regards

SATA problem

what king of BIOS of ur PC,AMI or Phenix?
Maybe SATA need some driver!

I have AMI BIOS
Also I received this response from MSI technical support. Could you underestand the final idea of this message:
Unfortunately the sata controller on this board had difficulty functioning with any sata device that was not a hard drive. Have you tested it with just an sata hard drive to make sure it is not a bad port? If it is ok with it then it is a compatibility problem and you will not be able to use the combination. If it does not work with the hard drive either then it may just be a bad sata port or controller due to the model of board it is likely out of warranty you will want to contact the msi office that services your region to find out as we only handle the U.S. region you can find the appropriate office by going to www.msi.com
regards

they are saying that first connect a sata hard disk to that port if that was detected this means that the port is ok
and the same problem i already told that sata things which are not hard drive are having an detection problem in many computers so please try changing your drive to IDE
and i know there are sata to usb converter but never heard of sata to IDE converter so you can search in your local market for that

SATA problem

hi all

xp cd does not support driver for sata.

First Enable sata controller in your BIOS. There may be native/Enhanced mode too, set it to native.
Normal motherboards have 4 SATA ports of which 2 are master and 2 slave. Connect it to a master port. Then power on the machine and check in BIOS if the device is recogonized by the motherboard.
Try disabling SATA DMA transfers for the controller the SATA DVD drive is connected to - that may make the SATA controller run in IDE mode (default is Enabled).
NVRAID - RAID must be disabled for the SATA header the DVD SATA drive is connected to (default is Disabled).
Set DVD Drive as second item in the boot priority list next to HDD and save and exit.
When you boot into windows, open device manager by typing devmgmt.msc in Run command. Check if the device is shown as unrecogonized. If not, rescan for new hardware changes in device manager.
When the device shows up, install the sata driver from the driver disc provided along with the drive or alternatively download sata drivers for DVD ROM drives and install.

One Thing I can assure you, YOU WILL NEED DRIVERS FOR THIS DEVICE TO WORK.

If nothing works till now, you will have a harder way to go around. check back and report what happens soon. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back