Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SAR in human head simulated in Comsol - need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gioueana

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
lumped port comsol problems

Hi, i have to simulate in Comsol "SAR in human head" for my license diploma and i have some problems. I have the course from the Comsol Multiphysics site but they use a patch antenna, which is very big, i want to use a smaller antenna, like a microstrip one. When i define the boundary setting it doesn't allow me to put at the two ends of the antenna a Lump Port, for to apply a voltage, like on their course. It says that "Lumped port must have two metallic terminals" and i don't know what this means. On the subdomain settings i set the permittivity for the antenna and permittivity and conductivity for the head. I Will upload some photos of the model that i am working on so you can understand better.
Thank you very much, hope you can help me!

comsol

Hi gioueana!

I think, as you said, the problem is when you try to assign a potential voltage in one metal - you need at least two terminals - hence choose two sheets/metals at once and assign between them a voltage.

Also, you can send me the model and maybe I can inspect it.

Good luck,
IH

lumped port must have two metallic terminals

Added after 7 minutes:

I've attached the project, hope you can help me.
Thank you!

sar of the head

I open the model and i noticed you have only one terminal - I think that you need to set another one and then set a potential voltage.

I havn't deal with the model, maybe later!

IH

human sar value comsol model

i found something on the web with the design of the microstrip patch antenna, i think i now what to do now,
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back