Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Samsung E770 GRPS connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

seadolphine2000

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I have Samsung E770 cellphone and, I managed to send, read messages, making calls, receiving calls... etc. using AT-Commands.
The phone's MODEM supports GPRS connection and, I managed to browse the web using the phone browser.

My problem now is that I want to send some information to a website using AT-commands. I don't want to browse the webpage, just send some data to server that is listening on a specific port.
Code:
For example:
Send "Customer_ID" to "000.000.000.000" on port "00000"

Here you are the AT-Command sequence I tried:
AT+CGATT=1 ---> Answer was OK
AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","alowap",0,0 ---> Answer was OK (alowap is my APN)
ATD*99***1# ---> Answer was CONNECT

After getting the CONNECT response, the phone shows the icon of the GPRS connection but in the HyperTerminal, no further commands can be sent. I mean, the phone doesn't respond to any command afterwords.

I believe that I'm one behind getting things work, but I can't figure out where the missing step is. I went through many documents and SIM modules datasheets, but couldn't find the missing trick.

So, if anyone could help, I'll be very grateful.

Thanks to all of you.

Last edited:

Hello,

I tried the command AT+CGACT=1,1 but, every time I use this command, the phone restarts and, the GPRS connection is lost.

It seems that either some commands are not supported by the phone or, they are locked and can't be accessed by the AT-Commands.

Status
Not open for further replies.