Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Samsung Charger USB Theory of operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohamed.saleh

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I teared down Samsung Charger USB, and traced the circuitry trying to study it's theory of operation. but I couldn't. It's of course 220V AC to 5V DC. Can anyone help me understanding it?

Scan_20140302_022821_003.jpg

That schematic can't be right but basically it's a transistor oscillator running from the rectified incoming AC. The high frequency allows a small ferrite transformer to be used instead of a larger iron cored type. The secondary of the transformer produces the low voltage output to the phone.

Brian.

am pretty much sure that I traced every node in the circuit and it's correct

It can't be right because Q1 and Q2 never become forward biased. Most connections may be right though.

But even a complete schematic won't tell much without all component values and transformer parameters. What are you trying to achieve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back