Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sampling wave using ADC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecomsteve

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, i have a problem with a circuit that a designed to sample a waveform. Due to the characteristics of this wave it passes below the ground DC level and at this point i have used a collection of logic gates to trigger an ADC to sample the wave. The problem I'm having is when i connect the the logic gates to the circuit it produces a ripple (noise) on the original wave. A delay chip is also used in this design to sample the wave at another point, when this is used the noise on the wave is moved to the new sample point. As the noise is occurring at the sample point it is effecting the accuracy of the data being read. I would greatly appreciate any help regarding my problem,

many thanks

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.