Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sampling of human voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

thisistausif

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
voice sampling rate

hello

what the correct sample rate for sampling of human voice properly by using ADC
what would be the affect if rate is less than required ?

voice sample rate

the sampling rate i think must be within 300 - 3khz..

if the rate is going to be small then u will get a voice which is expanded...the duration of each sample will increase

sample rate for voice

Hi

The minimum reasonable sampling frequency of human speech is 8kHz. By the way after sampling you can use VOCODER to decrease this rate.

voice sampling frequency

standard is 8000 samoles/secound
coz human voice freq range is 3.3khz.

sampling rate voice

To avoid any problems of aliasing, best sampling rate will be 10KHz.

human voice sampling

hello

the articulation bandwidth of voice is (300Hz to 3Kz), which makes 8KHz minimum sampling rate(this is for making out words clearly, lesser would work but its not optimum)

less sampling rate makes voice more noisy, to hear... (effect is known as aliasing in general)

voice sampling

hey....

the minimum samplin rate of any human voice that gives u a clear data will be somethin around 8k samples/sec. but this actually depends on the application.... its obvious that more the data the better u get the info out of it. like when u want to go for some recognisin and reproducin system u need a much higher , 'coz u need a bit more info to get the output reproduced. on the other hand just for a recognition system u can do it wid 8k sample/sec, which would reduce the aliasing....n obviously satisfies the nyquist criteria....

minimum sampling rate for voice

hey rakes_vnit

for reproduction at some reciever we need some extra means 10kHz would be enough or more required??

phone voice sample rate

hey....

as i told u earlier reproduction needs more information n hence greater sampling rate.
i think u r takin the lpc(linear predictive coeff) or cepstral coeff. to represent the signal when u r trainin the system n later on from these u would reproduce them. i such a case the more samples that u take the more info u have as coeff. which u can reproduce.

i precisely cant say which freq would be good for u ...it depends on the quality u want ... so my advice is start with some higher freq say 15k Hz and go down 10...until u think u r satisfied with lowest freq possible.

regards,
rakesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back