Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sample the recorded sound in matlab...How ? Using MATLAB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aisar190

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,

actually i need to measure the speed of car by its passing sound...i already record the sound and need to process it, so i can apply the doppler shift theory on it...the problem is...how can i sample the sound that i have recorded ealier..i need to sampled the sound first before i do the calculation...i need to do this in MATLAB...because my project is using matlab...

Re: Sample the recorded sound in matlab...How ? Using MATLAB

Hi

I don't remeber the command, but you can create a vector from a wave file, search the help. :)

Reagrds

Mauro Casse

Added after 7 minutes:

Hi

I have googled about and I found an m-function that should work for you, the function name is wavin. Follow the link for more help

http://www.soundslogical.com/suppor...ocumentparts/wavin.html Regards Mauro Casse

Added after 4 minutes:

Sorry..

**broken link removed**

Re: Sample the recorded sound in matlab...How ? Using MATLAB

Built-in function for reading wav file is called "wavread"

Press
help wavread
for learning, how to use it.

aisar190, you didn't say how you recorded it.

If you used an ordinary tape recorder, then you need to digitize it into your computer. If you are using Windows, then try the Windows Sound Recorder accessory, or MATLAB's wavrecord function.

If you recorded it on your computer, then it is already sampled, so you can simply use something like MATLAB's wavread or auread functions as vadkudr suggested.

If you recorded it on a digital camcorder, then there are other ways to import the sound data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back