Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sample and hold circuit design

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirupathi reddy

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
for the transmission gate type of sample and hod circuit design, the widths of both the n-channel and p-channel transistors must be same ? or width of p-ch = 2.5 times the n-ch transistor width?

hi
In s&h circuit , the W/L of transistors is greater than 1 or 2.5 like the digital circuits. In this kind of circuits W/L is depended on sampling frequency, accuracy ,amount of cap and ...
best wishes

the w/l of pmos is 2~3 times larger than that of nmos for relative plat on-resistance, i.e. small distortion.

in fact from my small experience i can till u is depend the mos model u r using, i have designed one and pmos two times nmos, but u have test the SFDR after u adjust the w/l, and after many times u can find the best w/l
regards

That w/l of pmos is 2~3 times larger than that of nmos for relative plat on-resistance is one of design considerations, but charge injection is another key issue should be mentioned.

wael_wael said:
in fact from my small experience i can till u is depend the mos model u r using, i have designed one and pmos two times nmos, but u have test the SFDR after u adjust the w/l, and after many times u can find the best w/l
regards

How do you run SFDR? What kind of tools do you use to run it? Thanks in advance! :D

i am using TSPICE simulator, there is tool for SFDR, after u do the transient analysis u can do SFDR analysis for the transient output. check ur simulator first if dont have go to matlab, let me know if u cant do it,
best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.