Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

same features & pin compatiblity with xilinx cpld

Status
Not open for further replies.

shraddha

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
now i am using xilinx's cpld XC9536XL-44pin.
i want cpld from another manafacturer having same features & pin compatiblity with XC9536XL.
for this should i do any other changes with my pcb also so that i can use any other manafacturer's 44pin cpld?
i have searched altera's site but of no use

I know of no larger CPLDs that are pin compatible. Back in the old days of DIP parts, you could find CPLDs with the same pinout from numerous vendors. Chips like the 22V10, etc. Today, everything is proprietary. The pin outs do not remain the same even within the same manufacturer across families. That is if you have one FPGA using a certain BGA arrangement, the next generation part using the same BGA package will not be pinout compatible!

If you want multiple vendors for your CPLD, then I think you need multiple footprints on the PCB. Sometimes you can place one footprint on each side of the PCB, this reduces the routing differences when switching between vendors. Other times, we have had to just place the two alternative parts side by side on the PCB.

However, often the best option is to just get on a scheduled delivery with the manufacturer. If you can forecast your volume, usually they can keep the parts pipeline full. With programmable parts, multiple vendors also means multiple logic development, multiple toolsets, and lots of headaches making sure ECN are implemented across all CPLD suppliers.

Difficult to get with similar spec and pin configuration from other manufacturers......sometimes back I was searching for it and I found XC9536 as the best option.... U can also try in Lattice semiconductor or Atmel ......

Though you can define your I/O pins and make it compatible to the present configuaration but the power pins will be different..so u have to design your PCB again if you change the CPLD...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back