Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Salary for VLSI professionals in India

Status
Not open for further replies.

INS-ANI

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys, if you have some insight to the VLSI industry, can yo advice me what are the entry level salary and profile for VLSI engineers in India?

And would appreciate any rough stats how the package grows with experience?

Hi,
Its depends upon the industry, Services Vs Products
In Services Salary defined as Experience X 1.5~2.0 LPA (Some companies are not giving 1X as well in industry.

In Products it varies as Exp X 2.0~3.5 LPA (Based on the availabilty of talent in the market)

Some of the good Product companies are in the range 3.5X follows
Intel, Brocade, Broadcomm, Nokia, Samsung, Cisco...

Some of the good Services companies are in the range of 2.0X follows
Techforce, Mirafra, QThink, Wipro (Now only).

-Paul

Thank you paul.
There is one query i wanted to ask for long, as you seem to be from the industry i hope you can answer that..

What level of skills are required from a fresher in VLSI?
(The reason i am asking is, usually in India freshers have none VLSI skills.. they have to develop it.. but up to what extent? )

And which VLSI filed is valued more in product development?
( I guess it is safe to assume that service industry requires us to be jack of all trades, masters of none? )

Added after 59 seconds:

Beside: do you work in AMD? :)

Hi INS,
Good question but lot to answer.
In India, lots of talented freshers are coming out. Most of them are trained as well through their internship as well as projects. Apart from that personnal aspirations also building block to shape the career. Scripting knowledge, Basic Digital Fundamentals, Circuit theory are the mandatory skills required for any fresher which I feel important. Rest is on the job training....
Being a verification engineer, I feel lots of opportunities to the freshers in the Verification domain, if a person knows SV (just say), he/she is in the industry thats the situation now. I'm not the right person to comment on the Design, Synthesis, DFT, ATPG, BIST etc....

-Paul

hey paul,
I am really grateful for you giving your time.
I am about to start a masters course in VLSI in 2 months. I really appreciate your feedback and helping me know about industry in india.

About my aspirations, i can sum it up as i don't want to any job to suit my requirements but want it to suit my satisfaction. This is the reason i am not following regulars in to IT services.
But, if i am taking this step.. i will be really dejected if i end up doing same what i was avoiding in IT.
I am not very well aware of what kind of projects are being undertaken in India, but surely want to be doing good job and am prepared to do whatever it takes to be there.. just need to know what?

Regarding all other basics you mentioned .. i agree i lack the required competency and will use my 2 months break to brush up those topics.

regarding the job trends.. I have been seeing many openings for SVs lately, is it going to be the trend or market requirement going to change in immediate future? probably you can predict where the trend is moving in India?

Status
Not open for further replies.