Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

salaries in the USA (HW design)

Status
Not open for further replies.

buenos

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi.

i am interested about salaries on different areas of USA, like Silicon Walley, Austin-Texas, Boston. For any kinds of hardware design engineering, in general.

Are the salaries lower in Texas than in California? (the real estate prices are much lower)

What about obtaining visa? (I live in Europe now) do I have to do it myself, or the companies can do that? I would move only if I have a signed jobcontract already there.

For salary information go to this site and search for engineering jobs by search state/metro

**broken link removed**

the problem with this site, is that they put very different complexity-level-jobs into the same category, depending on age, or years of experience.
for example if there are two 40-years-old engineers, one is designing TV-remote controller 2 layer PCBs, the otherone is designing computer motherboards, on 8-16 layers of PCBs... i think they are not in the same category.

Physical Design engineers with 5 years of experience can get around 90k to 120k per annum.

Status
Not open for further replies.