Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

.s2p in Agilent ADS for Skew Analysis of Striplines or ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinite_gbps

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
agilent ads s2p file

I can do one of two things, I think.

I did some simulations of transmission lines of different lengths in Sonnet. I then exported the .s2p files in Touchstone format.

Can I import those .s2p files into Agilent ADS and run some unit step or something to see the skew? If yes then how do I set that up? I'm new with ADS. Frequency range is 1-10 GHz.

OR!!

Can I just do it by hand?

The signals go down copper transmission lines (striplines) and the dielectric material has a dielectric constant (Dk) of 3.2.

Is it just the material with a Dk of 3.2 that I does most of the skewing?
Meaning is it a basic had calculation of 1/sqrt(3.2) to find the velocity factor down the material? Then I can get the time it takes to get down the material by just using the speed of light times the velocity factor and then dividing that by the distance, correct?

Is it that easy?

Hand calculations for long line could result inaccurate. but it is easy.
I suggest to use ADS.

Connect a pulse generator with the desired frequency to excite at one port and the other port terminate.
see the timing and calculate the skew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back