Not open for further replies.

humFdz

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone

I've got a basical doubt in the way FloquetPorts are numerated in HFSS. My doubt is as follows:
If I plot S(FloquetPort1:1,FloquetPort2:1). Am I plotting the S21 parameter of the TE mode or the S12 one??. I know that if you have a symmetric matrix that topic doesn't matter but it is not my case.

Thanks in advance

S12. Although there is no guarantee as to the polarization of the mode (that I am aware of).

S12. Although there is no guarantee as to the polarization of the mode (that I am aware of).

If I suppose that the definition of the S12 is S(FloquetPort1:1,FloquetPort2:1).
The definition of this parameter change if we use a wave port an a floquet port as stated in the pdf "Getting Started with HFSS:Floquet Ports" on page 27, where it is used the S(WavePort1:1, FloquetPort1:2) to define the parameter "S21" for TM mode (transmission for TM mode), where WavePort1:1 makes reference to the Tx port and FloquetPort1:2 to the Rx port

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…