Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

S-parameters passivity problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

VarunKumar89

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I want to know why there is a option for "PASSIVITY ", given in many tools for s-parameters, but this is not present for R,L and C. Are extracted s-parameters of PCB traces, form a non-passive model. Many simulator have this option. Please Help.

The RLGC transmission line model is so trivial that you can see and fix negative resistances.

Hi,

I don't know if this is relevant for your purposes. There are conditions that must be satisfied by any passive network:
If it is described by lumped R, L and C, all componentents must have positive values.
But very often an n-port is characterized by s parameters. Then, this condition holds at any frequency:

|s1i|2 + |s2i|2 + ... + |sni|2 ≦1 for any i=1,...,n

Regards

Z

The s-parameters are extracted of a PCB trace. which is a passive network. Then why using this s-parameters file tool needs to define the passivity value. so that simulation may converge.

---------- Post added at 21:47 ---------- Previous post was at 21:45 ----------

The s-parameters are extracted of a PCB trace. which is a passive network. Then why using this s-parameters file tool needs to define the passivity value. so that simulation may converge.

Please provide your feedback. It is very urgent.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back